Monday’s MLB DFS Gems: Top Picks & Today’s Highlights
Let’s Get Down to Business: Your Daily DFS Rundown
Alright folks, we’ve got a full plate today with 9 games on the docket. The first pitch is flying at 6:40 PM EST with the Phillies taking on the Marlins at Marlins Park. Let’s dive into the madness!
The Heat is On: Today’s Top DFS Batters
- Leading the pack is Austin Riley, smashing 17 hits in 47 at-bats, boasting a .362 average, with 8 homers and 19 RBIs in the last two weeks. He’s up against Griffin Canning today, who’s got a 4.46 ERA. Last time Canning took the mound, he gave up 2 runs on 7 hits.
- Next up, Kyle Tucker, with 17 hits in 48 at-bats, a .354 average, 5 HRs, and 10 RBIs. He’s facing Aaron Civale, who’s got a 2.34 ERA. Civale’s last game saw him give up no runs on 3 hits.
- Steven Kwan is third in line, with 22 hits in 59 at-bats, a .373 average, 3 HRs, and 10 RBIs. He’s up against J.P. France, who’s got a 2.87 ERA. France’s last game saw him give up 1 run on 5 hits.
- Alex Bregman is fourth, with 18 hits in 49 at-bats, a .367 average, 6 HRs, and 13 RBIs. He’s also facing Aaron Civale today.
- Rounding out the top 5 is CJ Abrams, with 16 hits in 56 at-bats, a .286 average, 2 HRs, and 5 RBIs. He’s up against Corbin Burnes, who’s got a 3.46 ERA. Burnes’ last game saw him give up 2 runs on 3 hits.
🔥 Michael Harris of team ATL is on a hot streak with 12 hits since 45123.
Pitch Perfect: Today’s Top DFS Pitchers
- Tyler Glasnow (TB) is bringing the heat with an ERA of 3.65, 88 KOs in 11 games, and has faced 253 batters, allowing 8 HRs.
- Jesus Luzardo (MIA) is also one to watch with an ERA of 3.64, 138 KOs in 21 games, and has faced 490 batters, allowing 12 HRs.
The Showdown: Today’s DFS Matchups You Can’t Ignore
Let’s take a look at the matchups that are sure to get your blood pumping.
🔥 Phillies 56-49 (-109) vs Marlins 57-49 (-111) O/U 8.5
With the Phillies’ Taijuan Walker (4.06 ERA) going up against the Marlins’ Jesus Luzardo (3.41 ERA), this is a game to watch. The Marlins’ LoanDepot Park is a tough place for HRs, but Luzardo has the #12 highest strikeout rate in baseball. This could be a low-scoring game, but with the Marlins’ slight edge, it’s anyone’s game.
❄️ Rays 64-44 (-142) vs Yankees 55-50 (+119) O/U 8.5
The Rays’ Tyler Glasnow (3.36 ERA) is up against the Yankees’ Domingo German (4.98 ERA). Yankee Stadium is a homer’s paradise, and with Glasnow’s high strikeout rate, this could be a high-scoring game. However, the Rays are one of the worst run-scoring teams in baseball, so the Yankees might have a chance here.
🔥 Brewers 57-49 (-208) vs Nationals 44-62 (+169) O/U 9.0
The Brewers’ Corbin Burnes (3.46 ERA) is facing off against the Nationals’ Jake Irvin (5.09 ERA). Burnes has a high strikeout rate, and Irvin is one of the worst starters in baseball. This could be a high-scoring game for the Brewers.
The Money Shot: Today’s Top Pick
Out of the matchups above, I’m putting my money on the Brewers at -208. With Burnes’ high strikeout rate and the Nationals’ weak starting pitcher, this could be a high-scoring game for the Brewers. Place your bets, folks!
🥇Shohei Ohtani LAA +340Shohei Ohtani is a no-brainer for the top spot. He’s facing Charlie Morton, who has a decent ERA but still gives up a homer 2.0% of the time. Ohtani’s homerun rate is a whopping 9.77%, the highest on this list. Plus, the wind at Truist Park is blowing out from center field, which could help carry a long ball just a bit further.
🥈Aaron Judge NYY +255Aaron Judge is a solid bet for a homer. He’s facing Tyler Glasnow, who has a higher ERA and gives up homers 3.2% of the time. Judge’s homerun rate is an impressive 11.05%, and he’s been hot recently with a homer in his last six at-bats. The wind at Yankee Stadium is also blowing out from center field, which could give any potential homers an extra push.
🥉Austin Riley ATL +350Austin Riley is a good pick for the third spot. He’s up against Griffin Canning, who has a higher ERA and gives up homers 4.5% of the time. Riley’s homerun rate is 6.0%, and he’s been on fire in the last two weeks with eight homers in 47 at-bats. The wind at Truist Park is blowing out from center field, which could help any potential homers.
September 19, 2023 at 11:30 am by
September 18, 2023 at 12:50 pm by