Friday Frontrunners: MLB DFS Picks Poised to Dominate the Diamond
Let's Talk Shop: Your Daily Dose of DFS Mayhem
Alright, sports junkies, we've got a full menu of 15 games today, with the first pitch being thrown at 6:40 PM EST. The Tigers are squaring off against the Marlins at Marlins Park. Let's dive right in!
Today's Sizzling DFS Batters
Over the past fortnight, we've seen some serious heat from the plate. Here's the rundown:
- Kyle Tucker is on fire with 18 hits from 42 at-bats, averaging 0.429, and has knocked out 5 HRs and 13 RBIs. He's up against Shane McClanahan who's got a 2.89 ERA. Last time out, McClanahan gave up 5 runs from 5 hits after facing 20 batters.
- Cody Bellinger is not far behind with 21 hits from 53 at-bats, averaging 0.396, and has smashed 6 HRs and 17 RBIs. He's facing Jordan Montgomery who's got a 3.37 ERA. Montgomery last allowed 7 runs from 6 hits after facing 28 batters.
- CJ Abrams has 17 hits from 53 at-bats, averaging 0.321, with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs. He's up against Max Scherzer who's got a 3.95 ERA. Scherzer last allowed 5 runs from 6 hits after facing 26 batters.
- Freddie Freeman has 18 hits from 47 at-bats, averaging 0.383, with 4 HRs and 10 RBIs.
- Chas McCormick has 15 hits from 41 at-bats, averaging 0.366, with 5 HRs and 15 RBIs. He's facing Shane McClanahan who's got a 2.89 ERA. McClanahan last allowed 5 runs from 5 hits after facing 20 batters.
And the player with the longest hit streak is Mickey Moniak of the LAA with a 16-game streak. 🔥
Today's Top Guns: Unveiling the Best DFS Pitchers
Now, let's shift gears and talk about the guys on the mound:
- Kevin Gausman of TOR is leading the pack with an ERA of 3.55, 162 KOs in 20 games, and has faced 493 batters, allowing 13 HRs.
- Shohei Ohtani of LAA is next with an ERA of 5.99, 153 KOs in 100 games, and has faced 463 batters, allowing 18 HRs.
- Max Scherzer of NYM has an ERA of 4.05, 107 KOs in 17 games, and has faced 392 batters, allowing 20 HRs.
Today's DFS Showdowns: The Games You Can't Afford to Miss
Now, let's take a look at some of the most interesting matchups today. We've got the odds, the pitchers, and the over/under to help you make your picks.
🔥 Tigers (+128) vs Marlins (-153) O/U 8.0
Despite the Tigers' underdog status, they're worth keeping an eye on. Their pitcher, Michael Lorenzen, has a decent 3.58 ERA and has faced 418 batters. The Marlins' pitcher, Braxton Garrett, has a slightly higher ERA of 4.32 and has faced 416 batters. The game is at LoanDepot Park, one of the toughest ballparks for HRs, allowing just 0.83 per game. This could be a low-scoring game, so consider the under.
❄️ Phillies (-158) vs Pirates (+132) O/U 8.5
The Phillies are the favorites here, with their pitcher Zack Wheeler boasting a 3.80 ERA and having faced 495 batters. The Pirates' pitcher, Mitch Keller, has a slightly higher ERA of 4.01 and has faced 539 batters. The game is at PNC Park, another tough ballpark for HRs, allowing just 0.80 per game. This could be another low-scoring game, so consider the under.
🔥 Yankees (-125) vs Orioles (+105) O/U 8.5
The Yankees are the favorites here, with their pitcher Gerrit Cole boasting a 2.78 ERA and having faced 522 batters. The Orioles' pitcher, Grayson Rodriguez, has a much higher ERA of 6.91 and has faced 253 batters. This could be a high-scoring game, so consider the over.
My Money's On...
Out of all the matchups, my money's on the Yankees at -125. With Gerrit Cole on the mound and the Orioles' pitcher struggling, I think the Yankees have a good shot at a high-scoring win.
🏁 Home Run Prop Favorites
🥇Shohei Ohtani LAA +300Shohei Ohtani is a beast at the plate, with a whopping 9.73% home run rate. His recent performance is also impressive, knocking 6 homers in the last two weeks. Plus, he's facing Kevin Gausman, who has a decent ERA but gives up a homer 2.6% of the time, giving Ohtani a good shot at going yard.
🥈Aaron Judge NYY +390Aaron Judge is another heavy hitter, with a 10.85% home run rate. He's up against Grayson Rodriguez, who's been struggling with a high ERA and a 5.1% home run rate. The weather at Oriole Park is sunny and hot, which could mean the ball flies further, increasing Judge's chances of a homer.
🥉Jose Siri TB +460Jose Siri is a bit of a wildcard, but his stats are promising. He's got a 9.13% home run rate and has hit 4 homers in the last two weeks. He's facing Cristian Javier, who's been giving up homers 3.5% of the time. With the weather partly cloudy and warm at Minute Maid Park, Siri could surprise us with a big hit.
September 19, 2023 at 11:30 am by
September 18, 2023 at 12:50 pm by