The DFS Dugout: Analyzing Thursday’s MLB Heavy Hitters and Hot Plays – August 17
Step Up to the Plate: Your Daily Fantasy Sports Breakdown
Hey there, sports fanatics! We've got six games on the docket today, with the first pitch being thrown at 2:10 PM EST between the Mariners and Royals at Kauffman Stadium. Let's dive into the action and see who's hot and who's not.
Batter Up: Sizzling Hot DFS Batters to Watch
- 🔥 Bobby Witt Jr. has been on fire with 20 hits in 54 at-bats, a .370 average, 5 HRs, and 15 RBIs. He's up against George Kirby today, who's got a 3.11 ERA.
- 🔥 Julio Rodriguez has been racking up the stats with 20 hits in 59 at-bats, a .339 average, 2 HRs, and 16 RBIs. He's facing off against Angel Zerpa, who's struggling with a 7.71 ERA.
- 🔥 Mookie Betts is crushing it with 21 hits in 52 at-bats, a .404 average, 3 HRs, and 12 RBIs. He's up against Corbin Burnes, who's got a 3.60 ERA.
- 🔥 Christian Walker is making waves with 18 hits in 47 at-bats, a .383 average, 6 HRs, and 14 RBIs. He's facing Rich Hill, who's got a 5.24 ERA.
🔥 The player with the longest hit streak is Maikel Garcia from KC with a streak of 18. Keep an eye on this guy!
Pitch Perfect: Today's Top DFS Pitchers
- Lance Lynn from LAD is leading the pack with an ERA of 6.47, 166 KOs, 24 games, 605 batters faced, and 32 HRs allowed.
- George Kirby from SEA is holding his own with an ERA of 3.24, 131 KOs, 23 games, 569 batters faced, and 15 HRs allowed.
- Corbin Burnes from MIL is also a strong contender with an ERA of 3.85, 146 KOs, 24 games, 591 batters faced, and 16 HRs allowed.
Game On: DFS Showdowns You Can't Afford to Miss
Here are the matchups that have us on the edge of our seats:
🔥 Mariners 65-55 (-220) vs Royals 39-83 (+180) 9.0 O/U
With the Mariners' George Kirby boasting a 3.11 ERA and the Royals' Angel Zerpa struggling with a 7.71 ERA, this game is looking like a Mariners' win. Kirby's high strikeout rate and Zerpa's high run allowance make this a game to watch.
❄️ Red Sox 63-57 (-183) vs Nationals 54-67 (+151) 9.5 O/U
Chris Sale from the Red Sox has a high strikeout rate, while Patrick Corbin from the Nationals is allowing 5.1 runs per game. This game could go either way, but we're leaning towards the Red Sox.
🔥 Mets 55-66 (-136) vs Cardinals 54-67 (+114) 10.5 O/U
Adam Wainwright from the Cardinals is allowing a whopping 8.8 runs per game, making the Mets a strong contender in this matchup. This game is likely to go over the over/under.
The Showstopper: Our Favorite Matchup Of The Day
Our money's on the Mariners at -220. With George Kirby's impressive stats and Angel Zerpa's struggles, we're expecting a Mariners win. So, get your popcorn ready and enjoy the game! 🍀
🏁 Home Run Prop Favorites
🥇Pete Alonso NYM +360Pete Alonso is a power hitter with a solid 8.76% home run rate, facing Adam Wainwright who has a high ERA of 8.78 and gives up homers to 4.2% of batters. The weather at Busch Stadium is partly cloudy with a favorable wind blowing towards the outfield, which could help Alonso's chances of hitting a homer. His recent performance also shows a promising trend with 5 home runs in the last two weeks.
🥈Max Muncy LAD +400Max Muncy is another strong candidate with an impressive 8.28% home run rate. He's up against Corbin Burnes who has a decent ERA of 3.60 but gives up homers to 2.7% of batters. Despite the misty weather at Dodger Stadium, the wind is negligible, which should not impact Muncy's performance. His recent stats show a home run in the last two weeks.
🥉DJ Stewart NYM +560DJ Stewart has a high home run rate of 9.09%, the highest among the players listed. He's facing Adam Wainwright who has a very high ERA of 8.78 and gives up homers to 4.2% of batters. The weather at Busch Stadium is partly cloudy with a wind blowing towards the outfield, which could aid Stewart's chances of hitting a homer. His recent performance is also promising with 3 home runs in the last two weeks.
September 19, 2023 at 11:30 am by
September 18, 2023 at 12:50 pm by