Saturday Showdown: Unveiling the Ultimate MLB DFS Strategies, Dark Horses, and Game-Changers for September 2
Play Ball! Your Daily Dose of DFS Madness
Hey sports fanatics, it's time to get your game faces on! We've got 15 games on the slate today, with the first pitch being thrown at 4:05 PM EST between the Marlins and Nationals at Nationals Park. Let's dive into the action and see who's hot and who's not!
🔥 Hottest Batters in the DFS Arena
- Leading the pack is Mookie Betts, smashing 26 hits in 54 at bats with an average of 0.481, 7 HRs, and 17 RBIs over the past two weeks. He's up against Bryce Elder today, who's sporting a 3.14 ERA. Elder's last start was on 08/28, where he allowed 4 runs on 8 hits after facing 26 batters.
- Marcell Ozuna is hot on Betts' heels, with 24 hits in 53 at bats, an average of 0.453, 8 HRs, and 17 RBIs.
- Trea Turner is also turning heads with 18 hits in 54 at bats, an average of 0.333, 8 HRs, and 19 RBIs. He's set to face Colin Rea, who's carrying a 5.11 ERA. Rea's last start was on 08/04, where he allowed 6 runs on 8 hits after facing 23 batters.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. is also one to watch, with 22 hits in 61 at bats, an average of 0.361, 4 HRs, and 11 RBIs.
And let's not forget about Julio Rodriguez from SEA, who's been on a 14-game hit streak since 45151. 🔥
Top Guns: Today's Best DFS Pitchers
- Blake Snell from SD is leading the charge with an ERA of 2.72, 193 KOs, and 15 HRs allowed over 27 games.
- Griffin Canning from LAA is also making waves with an ERA of 4.47, 110 KOs, and 18 HRs allowed over 19 games.
- Hunter Brown from HOU rounds out the top three with an ERA of 4.74, 152 KOs, and 18 HRs allowed over 25 games.
DFS Showdowns: Games You Can't Afford to Miss
Now, let's take a look at some of the most interesting matchups today:
🔥 Marlins 68-67 (-125) vs Nationals 62-74 (+105) O/U 9.0
With a 4:05 PM start, this game is set to be a scorcher. The Marlins' pitcher, Johnny Cueto, has a 5.57 ERA and has faced 130 batters. On the other side, the Nationals' Trevor Williams has a 4.82 ERA and has faced 578 batters. Despite their records, both teams have some of the easiest pitchers to hit home runs off of, making this an interesting game from a betting perspective.
❄️ Angels 64-71 (-126) vs Athletics 40-95 (+106) O/U 8.5
This game is set to be a chilly one. The Angels' Griffin Canning has a 4.38 ERA and has faced 415 batters, while the Athletics' Paul Blackburn has a 3.98 ERA and has faced 365 batters. Despite the Athletics' poor record, their bats are one of the worst in baseball, making this a game to watch.
🔥 Rays 82-53 (-119) vs Guardians 65-70 (-101) O/U 8.5
This game is set to be a hot one. The Rays' Zack Littell has a 4.29 ERA and has faced 236 batters. Despite the Guardians' record, they are the hardest team to strikeout in baseball, leading with just 7 per game. This makes for an interesting game from a DFS perspective.
🍀 Favorite Matchup Of The Day
Out of all the matchups, my favorite pick of the day is the Rays at -119. With their strong record and the Guardians' difficulty in striking out, I believe they have a strong chance of coming out on top. Let's see if the Rays can keep their heat going!
🏁 Home Run Prop Favorites
🥇Aaron Judge NYY +290Aaron Judge is a power-hitting machine, with a whopping 30 homers in 347 at-bats, that's a 10.6% home run rate. He's up against Hunter Brown, who's been struggling with a 4.53 ERA and gives up a home run to 3.2% of batters faced. The weather at Minute Maid Park is sunny and 86 degrees, with a slight 2MPH wind blowing in from center field, but Judge's power should be able to overcome that.
🥈Kyle Schwarber PHI +280Kyle Schwarber has been on a tear, with 38 homers in 594 at-bats, a 7.85% home run rate. He's facing Colin Rea, who's been shaky with a 5.11 ERA and gives up a home run to 4.5% of batters faced. The weather at American Family Field is partly cloudy and 77 degrees, with a 12MPH wind blowing towards right field, which should aid Schwarber's left-handed power swing.
🥉Davis Schneider TOR +450Davis Schneider is a bit of a wild card, with only 62 at-bats but already 6 homers, a staggering 11.76% home run rate. He's up against Ty Blach, who's been struggling with a 3.94 ERA and gives up a home run to 2.9% of batters faced. The weather at Coors Field is partly cloudy and 77 degrees, with a slight 2MPH wind blowing towards center field, which shouldn't impact Schneider's power too much.
September 19, 2023 at 11:30 am by
September 18, 2023 at 12:50 pm by